MatchPlaySport is an International Sports Performance Consultancy dedicated to maximising and Inspiring Athlete and Coaching Performance.
Founded and directed by former Great Britain Olympic Head Coach and Team Manager, Andy Wood – We are committed to driving optimal development and performance at all levels across a wide variety of Sports. Having specialist knowledge in Badminton and Racket Sports we provide a range of services including individual and squad performance coaching, Coach Education and mentoring, Performance Planning and Strategy combined with essential elements of Sports Science Support including Mental Fitness, Momentum and Performance Edge Programmes
- Qualified and actively coaching for over 40 years.
- Former Great Britain Olympic Head Coach and Team Manager
- Coach to numerous Olympic, World, Commonwealth and European medalists.
- World Badminton Federation Development Technician and Consultant.
- Co Founder of Derbyshire Institute of Sport.
- Former Loughborough University Director of Badminton
- Former UK Sport “Coach of the Year”
- Former BBC Sport “ Coach of the Year”